Hi-ho, hi-ho, a HOFTing we will go!
Chief dwarf Happy (last time I saw Dyke he was wearing a shirt proclaiming that he was gay - same thing) will be leading the Burnie Hash dwarves, Dopey, Dopey, Dopey, Dopey and Dopey ('cos you'd have to be dopey to follow Dyke anywhere!) on a day walk starting at Alma Bridge.
Meet at the Forth Pub, (Sunday 9th January 2011) at 10 am - bring lunch and drinks, and money for Pub meal after. Happy rates this outing as “easy-peasy”, around 13km in length and significantly flatter than Mount Roland.
UP AND CUMMING. († updated)
- January 22th, Saturday—High Noon for Full Moon at Oatlands, set by Ringo and Grizzly.
- Sunday 20th Feb 2011—Burnie HHH Pre-lube—Burnie CBD
- Monday 21st Feb 2011—Devonport Pre-lube—Devonport CBD
- Tuesday 22nd Feb 2011—Launceston pre-lube
- Thursday 24th Feb 2011—Red Dress R*n, Hobart CBD
- February 25-27th, 2011—Aussie Nash Hash, Hobart
A Canadian park ranger is giving some ramblers a warning about bears, ‘Brown bears are usually harmless. They avoid contact with humans so we suggest you attach small bells to your rucksacks and give the bears time to get out of your way. However, grizzly bears are extremely dangerous. If you see any grizzly-bear droppings leave the area immediately.’ ‘So how do we know if they’re grizzly bear droppings?’ asks one of the ramblers. ‘It’s easy,’ replies the ranger. ‘They’re full of small bells.’